Re: Uploaders automatically set to the last nth workers on a pkg

On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 07:44:09AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> Notice that this will automatically drop me from uploaders, which i

Well, not necessarily. You have an alioth account, and even if it gets
dropped you can have a -guest alioth account. With that you can
work/commit in our repository.

At that point the policy would be fair with everyone: the last nth
people who worked on a package will be listed. It's just up to you to
decide whether you want to work on which packages or not.

> Another impact is the effect of removing the uploader field on the PTS
> pages, but this should probably be solved by a more configurable PTS
> page (where you could list the packages which interest you, probably
> in different order and groupping even).

Uhm, why so? The Uploaders information is in the Sources file, and it's
just a matter of uploading the correct debian/control. It seems to me
that the Gnome guys are using a control.in (as we do in some OCaml
packages), it's just a matter of relying upon it ... (I understand it
can be a nuisance though).