Re: Uploaders automatically set to the last nth workers on a pkg

On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 01:16:03PM +0000, Sylvain Le Gall wrote:
> On 13-07-2007, Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> wrote:
> > Quoting from http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/blog/?p=245:
> >> Another variant is pkg-kde and pkg-gnome’s automatic generation of the
> >> Uploaders field based on the last X entries of debian/changelog
> >> (pkg-kde variant, pkg-gnome variant).)
> >
> > This is an interesting idea, and they both already have cdbs snippets
> > for doing that, what do you think of this idea?
> >
> > I like our current scheme of having this list as maintainer and the
> > Uploaders field set to who "usually works" on a package, but adding
> > automatic updated of this latter part is something I would like to have.
> >
> > Can I go forward and it to our CDBS class?
> > Comments?
> >

> I think it is a great idea -- better than the way we actually fill the
> Uploaders fields.

Notice that this will automatically drop me from uploaders, which i
cannot like in a kind of political way given the current mess, but hey,

Another impact is the effect of removing the uploader field on the PTS
pages, but this should probably be solved by a more configurable PTS
page (where you could list the packages which interest you, probably in
different order and groupping even).