"weird" naming convention for ocamlbuild executables

Hi Nicolas,
  I've another question related to the packaging / distribution of ocaml
3.10.0.

ocamlbuild comes shipped as 3 executables:
- /usr/bin/ocamlbuild.byte
- /usr/bin/ocamlbuild.native
- /usr/bin/ocamlbuild
with the latter being the best among the first two.

That's fine per se, but breaks what it seems like to be a "convention"
in the distribution of other ocaml tools. All compilers for example
follow the convention of no extension for the bytecode version and .opt
for the native version, some goes for the new camlp4 executables.

Any reason for breaking this internal convention? Wouldn't it be better
to adopt it for ocamlbuild as well (which is what we are actually doing
in the Debian package)?

Many thanks for your feedback,