Re: CDBS class for OCaml related packages

On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 05:58:34PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> I followed up to #387299 asking CDBS maintainers what they think of an
> extensible way to fill debian/control.in ...

In the end I implemented it using a sed -i, relying on the fact that my
rules will be executed after cdbs' (this is actually enforced by an
include in ocaml.mk).

So using ocaml.mk you can now:

- use @OCamlNativeArhcs@ as a marker in debian/control.in;
  debian/control will be generated from it using

    DEB_AUTO_UPDATE_DEBIAN_CONTROL=yes fakeroot debian/rules clean

  (do not blame me for the long variable name, blame cdbs :-)

- use the ${F:OCamlNativeArchs} substitution variable in debian/control
  (or of course debian/control.in). It will be substituted at
  dpkg-gencontrol time with the list of native archs. The intended usage
  is for specifying architecture specific relationships

Comments?

If no one has objections I will wait some more days for an approval from
cdbs guys about shipping /usr/share/cdbs/ files from ocaml-nox and then
add the two .mk files to ocaml-nox ...