Re: [Jacques Garrigue: Re: [Caml-list] Re: 3.09.3 release candidate 2]

Hello,

On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 05:06:55PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 05:00:02PM +0200, sylvain.le-gall@polytechnique.org wrote:
> > I think, we must also define a way to specify this in the META, with
> > something like :
> > archive(opt) = truc.cmxa
> > archive(opt,inline) = truc1.cmx truc2.cmx
>
> As per my reading of the text quoted by Eric this is not needed. The
> ocaml compiler will use the .cmx s (if available) at compile time and
> the .cmxa s at link time.
>
> No need of an additional predicate.

I try to see if it was true... I attach the 3 files i use to test this
inlining... There is no difference in the three program generated (with
cmx, with cmxa+cmx, with only cmxa).

Do you know how to activate inlining ? (maybe i really miss something
about all this).

Kind regard
Sylvain Le Gall