Re: [Jacques Garrigue: Re: [Caml-list] Re: 3.09.3 release candidate 2]

Hello, Stefano Zacchiroli writes:
On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 09:05:02AM -0400, Eric Cooper wrote:
After reading this on the caml-list, I realized that my -dev libraries
haven't been including .cmx files, nor do most of the other ocaml dev
libraries I have installed.  Shouldn't we change the packaging policy
to recommend their inclusion?

This has been brought to my attention this morning as well :)
We can recommend it in the policy indeed (read: please patch the policy
accordingly), but I feel is more an issue of upstreams since we mostly
invoke upstream install targets.
What about wording it as: "you should ship .cmx since ..., if upstream's
install does not do that please push upstream a suitable patch" or
something like that ... Cheers.

I think, we must also define a way to specify this in the META, with
something like :
archive(opt) = truc.cmxa
archive(opt,inline) = truc1.cmx truc2.cmx
This will enable easier integration with other library/program (you will
only have to add a findlib predicate to have the inlining).
Kind regard,
Sylvain Le Gall