Re: [Jacques Garrigue: Re: [Caml-list] Re: 3.09.3 release candidate 2]
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [Jacques Garrigue: Re: [Caml-list] Re: 3.09.3 release candidate 2]
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 17:00:02 +0200
- Message-id: <E1GNsh8-00042K-Rz@micro>
- In-reply-to: <20060914133330.GA31564@aquarium.takhisis.invalid>
- References: <20060914130502.GA25872@localhost> <20060914133330.GA31564@aquarium.takhisis.invalid>
Stefano Zacchiroli writes:
On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 09:05:02AM -0400, Eric Cooper wrote:
After reading this on the caml-list, I realized that my -dev libraries
haven't been including .cmx files, nor do most of the other ocaml dev
libraries I have installed. Shouldn't we change the packaging policy
to recommend their inclusion?
This has been brought to my attention this morning as well :)
We can recommend it in the policy indeed (read: please patch the policy
accordingly), but I feel is more an issue of upstreams since we mostly
invoke upstream install targets.
What about wording it as: "you should ship .cmx since ..., if upstream's
install does not do that please push upstream a suitable patch" or
something like that ...
I think, we must also define a way to specify this in the META, with
something like :
archive(opt) = truc.cmxa
archive(opt,inline) = truc1.cmx truc2.cmx
This will enable easier integration with other library/program (you will
only have to add a findlib predicate to have the inlining).
Sylvain Le Gall