[Jacques Garrigue: Re: [Caml-list] Re: 3.09.3 release candidate 2]

> From: Jacques Garrigue <garrigue@math.nagoya-u.ac.jp>
[...]
> The .cmxa does not contain all the information from the .cmx, in
> particular not the inlining information. This is natural if you think
> of it: when you compile a module, you have no way to know in which
> library are its dependencies, so you can only look for .cmx's, not for
> .cmxa's. The .cmxa's are only used at link time.  You can still
> compile without the .cmx's, but you loose the optimizations.

After reading this on the caml-list, I realized that my -dev libraries
haven't been including .cmx files, nor do most of the other ocaml dev
libraries I have installed.  Shouldn't we change the packaging policy
to recommend their inclusion?