Re: [Caml-list] Release 3.09.1

On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 11:06:53PM +0100, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 10:55:23PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Well, only the build-depend was generated, the rest is provided by
> > dh_gencontrol, and as we used (ocaml >= 3.09.0) for build dependencies, this
> > should work without problem, provided we guarantee that there is no older
> > ocaml 3.09.0 on the autobuilders.
>
> Did I miss something? Since when does dh_gencontrol detect the
> dependency of ocaml-bytecode on the right version of the ocaml
> interpreter?

Since we tell it explicitly, obviously :), by doing :

export OCAML_LIBDIR=`ocamlc -where`

        dh_gencontrol -s -- -VF:OCamlABI="$(OCAMLABI)"

(taken from the camlzip rules file), which is part of the new not-yet-written
policy implemented during the 3.09.0 upload.

BTW, your other mail had a bad return address so my reply bounced, but i just
wanted to say have a good time :)