Re: [Caml-list] Release 3.09.1

Sven Luther wrote:
On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 04:45:03PM -0500, Eric Cooper wrote:
On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 10:19:01PM +0100, Ralf Treinen wrote:
On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 08:19:12PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 06:51:01PM +0100, Samuel Mimram wrote:

Unless someone objects to it, I'll package and upload OCaml 3.09.1 as
soon as 3.09.0 is in testing. Do you all agree with a full rebuild?

Yes, but let's do it like this :

 1) we wait until ocaml 3.09.1 is built and installed on all autobuilders.

 2) we compose a list of all ocaml related packages.

 3) we ask Steve to requeue all those ocaml related packages for a binNMU,
 and file RC bugs against all those that fail.

But we still have to do a source upload for those packages which Depend
on ocaml-*-3.09.0, I guess. I'm thinking of packages that are
architecture=all, and compiled to byte-code.

The packages in the SVN repository that have rules to generate
debian/control based on the OCaml API version will need to have a
newly-generated debian/control committed first, and then uploaded, right?
So it's not just a binNMU, unless I'm missing something.

Well, only the build-depend was generated, the rest is provided by
dh_gencontrol, and as we used (ocaml >= 3.09.0) for build dependencies, this
should work without problem, provided we guarantee that there is no older
ocaml 3.09.0 on the autobuilders.

Just for information, is there a real advantage of making binNMUs instead of proper new uploads?

Cheers,

Samuel.