Re: what's the right way to auto-create debian/control?

On Sun, Nov 13, 2005 at 06:12:28PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> This is indeed, as you noted, because policy mandates no modification of the
> build-depends at build time, and since we want to modify build-depends, we
> have to call debian/rules debian/control ourself before actually building the
> packages.

OK, thanks Zack and Sven for clarifying this.

It seems like it would still be useful to have a consistent
debian/rules target for doing these updates when the ABI changes, so
that it can be scripted and applied to all of the OCaml packages in
the repository.