Re: tuareg-mode and ocaml-mode

On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 12:26:00PM -0400, Eric Cooper wrote:
> Having these modes autoload seems more like "the Debian way": after
> you install something, it "just works".  All the other modes I use set
> up autoloading (including python-mode, which is also a separate
> package).

I'm not an emacs user, but I share this opinion. IMO installing only
tuareg-mode or ocaml-mode should have that mode working without any need
of additional tuning. Installing both of them should have one of them
working by default with both the possibility of manually activating the
other and change the default.

I don't know if the emacs policy states something different on this
issue.