Re: tuareg-mode and ocaml-mode

On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 09:40:29AM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> Ralf Treinen <treinen@free.fr> writes:
>
> > The current version of tuareg does not set autoload (but the current
> > ocaml-mode does). My proposal was to change this and have both
> > packages set autoload, but to give priority to tuareg. I will
> > put this weekend a new version of tuareg, modified in this sense,
> > into svn (but not upload yet).
>
> I'm not convinced by this. Most of Emacs users I've heard are usually
> annoyed by autoloads and prefer setting themselves in their .emacs.

Looking at the contents of /etc/emacs/site-start.d on my machine
I have the imperssion that most of the emacs-mode package do set
autoload. Besides, we had already bug reports in the past from users
who, for example, installed tuareg-mode and expected to have it
activated (by autoload) automtically.

For tuareg-mode I would like to set autoload. If you don't want to
do it for ocaml-mode then it simplifies things, but stil I think
it would be better to set autoload for ocaml-mode, too. What do
others on this list think about this?

-Ralf.