dh_ocaml and ocamlrun deps

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 11:25:54PM +0200, Sylvain LE GALL wrote:
> Ok. I only have a little wish, even if it is a little bit out of scope:

I don't think it's out of scope and it's a good idea IMO.

> Could dh_ocaml fill a substvars to tell if the package depends or not to
> ocamlrun ?

Do you want to have an additional substvar? Why don't simply add the
dependency to ${ocaml:Depends} if it is needed?

In that way every ocaml packages, no matter if they are libraries or
binary programs, will simply need to use the same substvar in
debian/control.

> In other word if a package is build on non opt platform, we should
> have a depends on ocaml-base-3.08.3.

Actually, ocaml-base-nox-3.08.3.
                     ^^^

Anyway, dh_ocaml already check for bytecode binaries (i.e. binaries
executed through ocamlrun) shipped by the package being built. It will
be enough to add the above dependency only if at least one of them is
shipped by the package being built. Would that be enough for your needs?

If that is the case and if adding the dep to ${ocaml:Depends} is ok, I
can commit the change to svn so that you can try it with mldonkey.