Re: [damien.doligez@inria.fr: [Caml-list] Objective Caml release 3.08.4]

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 12:30:16AM +0200, Sylvain LE GALL wrote:
> Maybe i am wrong but i think it is best to keep dh_ocaml out of
> debhelper. I feel it should be better for made it evolve at will...
> Maybe it can become a real package ?

I agree.  I saw that a dh-lisp package (a "debhelper add-on" for
Common Lisp) just entered the archive, so there's certainly precedent.

The only downside I see is that OCaml packages that use it will have to
build-depend on dh-ocaml in addition to debhelper.  Are there other
advantages or disadvantages?