To: caml users <caml-list@inria.fr>
From: Damien Doligez <damien.doligez@inria.fr>
Subject: [Caml-list] Objective Caml release 3.08.4

We have the pleasure of announcing the release of

             Objective Caml version 3.08.4

This is mostly a bug-fix release; see below for the list of
changes.  Upgrading is not urgent unless you have problems with
one of the bugs listed below.

Please note that we do not guarantee binary compatibility with
previous versions (including 3.08.3).

Only the source is available for the moment.  We will provide some
binaries in the near future; in the meantime, the binaries on the
Web page are still for OCaml 3.08.3.

OCaml 3.08.4 is available at http://caml.inria.fr/ocaml/release.en.html

-- Damien Doligez for the Caml Team

Objective Caml 3.08.4:
----------------------

New features:
- configure: find X11 config in some 64-bit Linux distribs
- ocamldoc: (**/**) can be canceled with another (**/**) PR#3665
- graphics: added resize_window
- graphics: check for invalid arguments to drawing primitives PR#3595
- lablbrowser: use windows subsystem on mingw

Bug fixes:
- ocamlopt: code generation problem on AMD64 PR#3640
- wrong code generated for some classes PR#3576
- fatal error when compiling some OO code PR#3745
- problem with comparison on constant constructors PR#3608
- better detection of cycles when using -rectypes
- missing case of module equality PR#3738
- better error messages for unbound type variables
- stack overflow while printing type error message PR#3705
- assert failure when typing some classes PR#3638
- bug in type_approx
- better error messages related to type variance checking
- camlp4: cryptic error message PR#3592
- camlp4: line numbers in multi-line antiquotations PR#3549
- camlp4: problem with make depend
- camlp4: parse error with :> PR#3561
- camlp4: ident conversion problem with val/contents/contents__
- camlp4: several small parsing problems PR#3688
- ocamldebug: handling of spaces in executable file name PR#3736
- emacs-mode: problem when caml-types-buffer is deleted by user PR#3704
- ocamldoc: extra backslash in ocamldoc man page PR#3687
- ocamldoc: improvements to HTML display PR#3698
- ocamldoc: escaping of @ in info files
- ocamldoc: escaping of . and \ in man pages PR#3686
- ocamldoc: better error reporting of misplaced comments
- graphics: fixed .depend file PR#3558
- graphics: segfault with threads and graphics PR#3651
- nums: several bugs: PR#3718, PR#3719, others
- nums: inline asm problems with gcc 4.0 PR#3604, PR#3637
- threads: problem with backtrace
- unix: problem with getaddrinfo PR#3565
- stdlib: documentation of Int32.rem and Int64.rem PR#3573
- stdlib: documentation of List.rev_map2 PR#3685
- stdlib: wrong order in Map.fold PR#3607
- stdlib: documentation of maximum float array length PR#3714
- yacc: avoid name capture for idents of the Parsing module