Re: CDuce package

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 11:32:32AM +0200, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> >This is rather strange. What do you mean with "to compile A"? Do you get
> >the error while running cduce on the .cd file or when using CDuce
> >compilation for ".cdo" files?
> The second.

Ok.

> No, I didn't. But I'm not sure it's a CDuce issue. As far as I remember,
> the /usr/lib/ocaml/3.08.3/cduce/META correctly states that CDuce
> requires Curl. But if on a Debian package point of view,
> libcurl-ocaml-dev is not available (which is the case in a sane pbuilder
> environnement), any compilation using «ocamlfind ocamlopt -linkpkg
> -package "cduce"» will fail. Won't it ?

Yes, indeed.

So, I'm for not splitting a libcduce-ocaml-dev package. The rational is
that people installing cduce are willing to compiler .cdo files. In
order to do so they will need ocurl and expat, this it is correct to
depend on them. The fact that they are -dev package does not matter.

A reasonable splitting would be to have one package which enables
"interpretation" only of .cd source and one wich enables compilation of
.cdo files. Still, I wont recommend it since the difference in size is
so little that it is not worth the effort.

Go for the added dependencies.

If you agree we are really near the upload, am I wrong?