Symlinks in svn : please test it !

Hello,

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 01:54:50PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 10:24:25AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > Well, my commit did not change anything about that, it only moved from
> > >   /trunk/packages/ledit/trunk/debian/...
> > >   /trunk/packages/ledit/debian/...
> > Yeah, i know.
>
> So why did you complain? :-)
>
> > > Doing so will turn once more in a lot of disk usage, but see below.
> > No, because the amount of branches is usually small, in the number of 2-3 at
> > most. you need to not forget to erase them when you are done with them though.
> >
> > The tags, by nature, are numerous and will grow more as time passes. They have
> > no vocation to be modified also, but copied back in a branch if need be.
>
> Agreed.

I have news for you :

Please do a svn co
svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-ocaml-maint/test/gildor-guest.

That is magic, that is symlinks in svn !

I think, we can manage this, allowing people to do their own list of
intersting package, and let them work without tags/ or trunk/ or
branches/ ( ie we can have whatever organization we want, the only
things is to let people organize their own view of the world ).

Just tell me what you think about it.

Kind regard
Sylvain Le Gall