Re: on per-package trunk/ directory

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 09:35:15PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> There are three kind of dirs for each package, or rather two, tags and
> branches, one of the branches being the main branch called trunk upto now.

I'm not saying that we don't need tags/ and brunches/. I'm only saying
that two nested "trunk" path components are overkilling and useless, as
in:

  /trunk/packages/ledit/trunk/debian/...

IMO, we can happily live with /trunk/packages/ledit/debian/ and once we
need tags (or branches), store them in:

  /tags/packages/ledit/6.6.6/debian/...

or

  /branches/packages/ledit/6.6.6/debian/...

> So we could move our trunk dirs to sid, for example.

Well, sid will almost always be the trunk since we usually continue
development there. Non-sid stuff IMO should be kept in tags/ or
branches/ (even if in svn branches are pretty useless IMO).