Re: on per-package trunk/ directory

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 09:26:02PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 09:04:31PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > I would not recomend to do this. My usage is to have the trunk dir still,
> > which is the one we work with, and then have eventual branches in this same
> > dir.
>
> What for?
>
> The purpose of the toplevel trunk/ dir is not to have tags/ in each
> package's directory. Once we no longer have them why we should keep
> per-package trunk/ dir?

There are three kind of dirs for each package, or rather two, tags and
branches, one of the branches being the main branch called trunk upto now.

for example, in another setup, in the parted package svn repo, i have both
tags and trunk, and in trunk i have parted, and then various subdirs named
sarge, sid and experimental. No trunk though.

So we could move our trunk dirs to sid, for example.

Also, in the ocaml svn repo, we have trunk, and then branches/cross or
something such, and branches/3.08.