Re: opkg-buildpackage versus svn-buildpackage

On Sun, May 29, 2005 at 09:28:28PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Sun, May 29, 2005 at 08:54:21PM +0200, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> > What do you think of using svn-buildpackaeg in the future?
>
> I've never tried anyone of the *-buildpackage tools, but if your
> description is faithful svn-buildpackage does all we need and has the
> additional advantage of being more "standard".
>
> I thus second your idea of using svn-buildpackage in the future.
>
> Regarding the tarballs, is it possible to have them either in svn or
> being get via apt-get source? Is this behaviour set in the
> debian/*layout file you mentioned or somewhere else?

Notice that i vote against not keeping the orig tarballs in svn, since we have
no guarantee that they will stay wherever you got them, and as i have noticed
in the kernel svn archive, it is a pain, especially as the tarball there is
not the orig one, but modified by a script removing non-free parts.