Re: Anyone want to adopt my OCaml packages?

Jérôme Marant wrote:
Samuel Mimram <samuel.mimram@ens-lyon.org> writes:

Package: libdbi-ocaml
Package: libdbi-ocaml-dev
Package: libmissinglib-ocaml-dev
Package: libocamlodbc-ocaml-bin
Package: libocamlodbc-ocaml-dev
Package: libounit-ocaml-dev
Package: libperl4caml-ocaml
Package: libperl4caml-ocaml-dev
Package: libperl4caml-ocaml-doc
Package: libregexp-pp-ocaml-dev
Package: libsqlite-ocaml
Package: libsqlite-ocaml-dev
Let me know if you're interested.

I think I could manage those packages if you want (well, I'd put d-o-m
as the maintainer but I could be the "main uploader"), I've got some
time for that. They don't seem to be so hard to maintain nor to have
serious bugs.
Of course, if anyone else wants to take (some of) those packages I'll
let him have them.

But are you sure they are usefull to anyone? I think it would be a good
opportunity to make Debian a bit lighter by throwing out some of them.
For example, Perl4Caml. Well, unless you want to spend your time
packaging them of course.

I'm not sure those packages are completely useless. For example, libdbi is a nice attempt to have a unified interface for databases, etc.

Concerning perl4caml, I definitively think it could be useful too:
1. it could ease the migration of a perl program to OCaml if you want to rewrite it progressively, 2. perl has an incredible number of libraries for all imaginable purposes, it's always nice to know that you can bind one of them if you don't have the time (or the motivation) to rewrite it in caml.

I don't know if I would have packaged all of them but anyway they are here and maintaining such packages shouldn't take tremendous amounts of work or time.

Regards,

Sam.