Re: ocaml 3.08.3 upload plan (we are going to sid for this).

On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 10:35:47AM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 08:15:18AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Rebuilds should not be an issue, since 3.08.3 doesn't (hopefully) break
> > API-compatibility, and could even be automated for those packages who are in
>
> Did you checked or not? I wont rely on it until verified.

Not, but we don't really care, at worse we ship with what is in testing at the
moment, so ...

> > svn. (hint hint, please all ocaml derivative package, put your stuff in the
> > svn repo, even those who are personal stuff, or those who use arch or whatever
> > themselves).
>
> As I already told you: no, I wont put my non-collaboratively maintained
> packages in the SVN repo. Feel free to do it, but I will keep on working
> on what I have locally. I really don't see the point in using svn, if
> you just need to rebuild packages of mine you have apt-get source.

Well, the idea is to have all the packages in the same place, so we can do
automated rebuilds and uploads for things like that, or automated running of
scripts on the control file or something like samuel started doing (samuel can
you post your results with a little bit of explanation here ?)

Maybe you could put your packages in the collective SVN in the following way :

  1) have a pkg-ocaml-maint/external dir where all externally maintained stuff
  is.

  2) have a dir for each package there, and it would include a script or
  something pointing to where the stuff is, and possibly how to download it,
  or even doing the download from it, with maybe an option for
  sarge/sid/experimental packages. Where sarge/sid rebuilds may point to the
  archive or something.

So we would know that the external packages are not in the repo, and have an
easy way to access them, and do automated rebuilds if needed, and it would not
be too much effort for you.