Re: [Caml-list] binary compatibility of 3.08.3

On Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 10:28:32AM -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > Sure, and that is what we will have to do. This is a lengthy process though,
> > and we had hoped to avoid this. This means not only changing the LIBDIR name,
> > but also changing the virtual versioned package from ocaml-3.08 to
> > ocaml-3.08.3, which our autobuilders still have trouble with.
>
> Somehow I can't understand why someone would go through so much trouble
> when using the name "3.09" instead of "3.08.3" would solve the problem much
> more cheaply.

well, we have now a devel branch which will maturate in a 3.09 in some time
(this summer usually :). This is a good thinf since previously we were forced
to get the fixes individually out of CVS.

That said, using 3.08.3 or 3.09 is really something fully transparent to the
user anyway.