Re: [Caml-list] Debian apt-proxy/apt-cacher replacement

On Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 04:47:56PM -0500, Eric C. Cooper wrote:
> Approx is a proxy server, written in OCaml, that can be used as an
> alternative to apt-proxy or apt-cacher.  I've been using it for about
> a month, and I find it faster and more robust than apt-proxy.

Cool, ...

I wonder if this should be packaged apart, or together with the other
ocaml-written package related code, namely ara. I don't know if you are aware
of that effort.

> You can find the source and a Debian binary package at
>     http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~ecc/software.html

Cool, will have a look.

> (If any Debian gurus have suggestions on whether/how to announce this
> to the broader Debian community, please contact me off-list.)

I am CCing this to debian-ocaml-maint mailing list, where all debian related
folk interested i ocaml dwell. Maybe comments will come from there, and i will
try to test and reply more in details later this week, as i am soon going to
the Solutions Linux forum in Paris, and am not sure i will really have time
for testing this kind of stuff until next WE.