Re: both native & bytecode

 [ silent lurking as usual ]

> > (in particular I could do that for the coq package which is quite big
> > and takes a long time to build).
> Notice that it will only work if there are no C bindings in the package,

 There is no C in the current version of Coq and there will be no C
 in the next bugfix version (that *should* be shipped soon, in a month
 or so; as usual, don't hold your breath). However, there will be (again)
 some C code in the next major version (unknown release date yet; at
 least monthes away I guess; as the next stable release of debian, probably
 ;-]).

 				Cheers,
				C.S.C.

Real name: Claudio Sacerdoti Coen
Doctor in Computer Science, University of Bologna
E-mail: sacerdot@cs.unibo.it
http://www.cs.unibo.it/~sacerdot