Re: Problem since the loading of the ocamlnet 0.98 package.

On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 12:33:33PM +0100, Richard Jones wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 01:26:12PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> > Which architecture are you using? Since I make uploads for powerpc, if
> > you are on some other arch and you're using unstable it's likely that
> > you've got installed the latest ocamlnet package but not the pxp package
> > rebuilt against it (no: dependencies doesn't help here since we are
> > using >= only deps).
>
> I've been wondering about the use of '>=' deps.  Surely these are
> actually wrong, since OCaml libraries require exact versions of all
> the libraries they were built with?

The main aim of those is to avoid ciruclar waiting in the upgrades and testing
migration script, as i understodd, which would then need manual intervention
of some ftp-master or maybe release manager, which are a pain.

This may very well all be reworked post sarge, but this is discussion for
another time.