Re: Problem since the loading of the ocamlnet 0.98 package.

On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 12:57:59PM +0200, Serge Leblanc wrote:
> Checking for package pxp-lex-iso88591... Files
> /usr/lib/ocaml/3.08/pxp-engine/pxp_engine.cmxa
> and /usr/lib/ocaml/3.08/netstring/netstring.cmxa
> make inconsistent assumptions over interface Netbuffer
> failed !
> *** Fatal error: Required package is not available
>
> Do you have also the same problem?

No:

  $ ocamlobjinfo /usr/lib/ocaml/3.08/pxp-engine/pxp_engine.cm a | grep Netbuffer | uniq
        1a18647ed18cd2752c5d8b422aef8fc7        Netbuffer
  $ ocamlobjinfo /usr/lib/ocaml/3.08/netstring/netstring.cma | grep Netbuffer | uniq
  Unit name: Netbuffer
        1a18647ed18cd2752c5d8b422aef8fc7        Netbuffer

Which version are you using of pxp and ocamlnet packages? Mine are
1.1.95-1 for pxp and 0.98-1 for ocamlnet.

Which architecture are you using? Since I make uploads for powerpc, if
you are on some other arch and you're using unstable it's likely that
you've got installed the latest ocamlnet package but not the pxp package
rebuilt against it (no: dependencies doesn't help here since we are
using >= only deps).

I monitor these issues to avoid them enter testing, but they could
happen in unstable.

Get the pxp source package and rebuild it or wait for your autobuilder
to pick it up. BTW you should probably do the same for the netclient
package ...