Re: mod_caml and cocanwiki (was: Re: Cocanwiki package)

On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 11:03:29AM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> On Friday 10 September 2004 09:56 am, Sven Luther wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 03:18:21PM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > > Can I just do:
> > >
> > > svn rm mod-caml_1.1.9+cvs.2004.07.30.orig.tar.gz
> > > svn add <<name of new package>>
> > >
> > > and commit that?  Or should I be doing other things?
> >
> > Sure, that works well.
>
> [periodic svn rant]
>
> Argh, this is all so complex and wrong.  Why not use Arch and
> tla-buildpackage?

Because tla is horrendous and uncomprehensible :)

> tla-importdsc foo.dsc
> tla-buildpackage -rfakeroot
> tla-markdeb
>
> Very simple.  One should never have to put a tarball in the repository
> IMHO.  It's a lot harder to merge :-)

Well, what guarantee do you have that the tarball will always be available ?
If nothing else it should always go with the tagged versions, but then, arch
doesn't support proper tagging anyway.

> Arch makes it a lot easier to have a "distributed" group of maintainers,
> too.

Yeah, but there is benefit for a centralized repo too.