Re: What news from QPL and upstream?

Quoting Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr>:

> On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 09:32:53AM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Did any arrangement was decided with upstream about the QPL?
>
> I had positive replies from Xavier about this, we are dropping both the QPL
> 6c
> and the clause of venue, which shouls satisfy part of the debian-legal folk.
>
> The issues about QPL 3 have much less consensus, so they stay for now.
>
> Xavier want to do a 3.08.1 release with these changes, probably by end of
> august, but i fear this may be just with the tentative release schedule, in
> which case i will push for a debian special exception or something such. But
> the most probable is that we will ship sarge with a relicenced 3.08.1, and
> everyone will be happy.
>
> The tentative text of the new copyright file is at, so please look at it and
> comment. This is not yet official and has not yet been approved by Xavier
> though.

http://svn.debian.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/pkg-ocaml-maint/packages/ocaml/copyright?rev=530

Very good news, thanks.

> > About emacs files?
>
> In theory yes, Xavier will wait for the return of vacations of Damien
> begining
> of august and discuss that with him. Current situation is there are no emacs
> files in the installed packages and this will stay so until the issue is
> solved though.

In practice, you must remove them from the source as well. So, as long as
you don't do this, not shipping them doesn't change anything.
Since I think Damien will change things, I think we could ship them until
the 3.08.1 comes out (with proper reasonnable explaination in the bug report).

Jérôme Marant