Re: What news from QPL and upstream?

On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 09:32:53AM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Did any arrangement was decided with upstream about the QPL?

I had positive replies from Xavier about this, we are dropping both the QPL 6c
and the clause of venue, which shouls satisfy part of the debian-legal folk.

The issues about QPL 3 have much less consensus, so they stay for now.

Xavier want to do a 3.08.1 release with these changes, probably by end of
august, but i fear this may be just with the tentative release schedule, in
which case i will push for a debian special exception or something such. But
the most probable is that we will ship sarge with a relicenced 3.08.1, and
everyone will be happy.

The tentative text of the new copyright file is at, so please look at it and
comment. This is not yet official and has not yet been approved by Xavier
though.

  http://svn.debian.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/pkg-ocaml-maint/packages/ocaml/copyright?rev=530

> About emacs files?

In theory yes, Xavier will wait for the return of vacations of Damien begining
of august and discuss that with him. Current situation is there are no emacs
files in the installed packages and this will stay so until the issue is
solved though.