Re: Permission to commit watch : bibtex2html...

Hello,

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 08:11:24AM +0200, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 11:54:10PM +0200, Sylvain LE GALL wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have added some watch file for different packages :
> > - bibtex2html
>
> > So, i am just asking if i am permitted to add it to the svn ?
>
> Please don't add it for bibtex2html. The problem is that JCF
> insists on a numbering scheme which goes like
> 1.58, 1.59, 1.6, 1.61, ... which doesn't correspond to the
> natural ordering relation. So a watch file would give (in some
> cases) wrong results, unless it is possible to implement a
> translation of upstream version numbers. Is this possible in
> a watch file? Like translating "\d\.\d" to "\d\.\d0" ?

That's strange, here is the output of uscan :
gildor@grand:~/deb/ocaml-package/bibtex2html$ uscan --report --verbose
-- Scanning for watchfiles in .
-- Found watchfile in ./debian
-- In ./debian/watch, processing watchfile line:
   http://www.lri.fr/~filliatr/ftp/bibtex2html/bibtex2html-([0-9\.]*)\.tar\.gz
   -- Found the following matching hrefs:
bibtex2html-1.52.tar.gz
bibtex2html-1.53.tar.gz
bibtex2html-1.54.tar.gz
bibtex2html-1.55.tar.gz
bibtex2html-1.56.tar.gz
bibtex2html-1.57.tar.gz
bibtex2html-1.58.tar.gz
bibtex2html-1.59.tar.gz
bibtex2html-1.60.tar.gz
bibtex2html-1.61.tar.gz
bibtex2html-1.62.tar.gz
bibtex2html-1.63.tar.gz
bibtex2html-1.64.tar.gz
bibtex2html-1.65.tar.gz
bibtex2html-1.66.tar.gz
bibtex2html-1.67.tar.gz
bibtex2html-1.68.tar.gz
bibtex2html-1.69.tar.gz
Newest version on remote site is 1.69, local version is 1.66
 => Newer version available
-- Scan finished

So it seems to follow a classical versioning scheme.

Maybe i am wrong ?

Kind regard
Sylvain Le Gall

ps : forgive me, i don't have update this dir since a long time