Re: Permission to commit watch : bibtex2html...

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 11:54:10PM +0200, Sylvain LE GALL wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have added some watch file for different packages :
> - bibtex2html

> So, i am just asking if i am permitted to add it to the svn ?

Please don't add it for bibtex2html. The problem is that JCF
insists on a numbering scheme which goes like
1.58, 1.59, 1.6, 1.61, ... which doesn't correspond to the
natural ordering relation. So a watch file would give (in some
cases) wrong results, unless it is possible to implement a
translation of upstream version numbers. Is this possible in
a watch file? Like translating "\d\.\d" to "\d\.\d0" ?

-Ralf.