Re: meta-ocaml out of date

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 12:00:45AM +0100, Sylvain LE GALL wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 10:43:52PM +0100, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> > Sylvain,

> > > Well, correct me if i am wrong : all upstream ( the one who put small
> > > files together, not the real up-upstream ) are all debian developper and
> >
> > The only upstream(s) are those who author the files. The people
> > who bundle them are not upstream.
> >

> ;-) That is why i am refering them as up-upstream authors ( it is not a
> typo error ). It is just to make the distinction on the job consisting
> of creating upstream source -> package and the job consisting of
> upstream sources -> file collection -> package

Well, we have an established terminology in debian. You can of course
invent your own if you wish.

> > > the version of the package is tightly bound to debian ( ie this
> > > collection of file is targeted to debian )...
> >
> > No, the version number is tightly bound to the date.
> >

> Really ???? You answered this great question i am asking myself : what
> does 2003.10.03-1 means ? ( ;-) )

Please read section 3.2.1 of the Debian Policy (Version numbers based on
dates)

> > > If this is the case, i think it is more interesting to use projects/ so
> > > we can easily add/remove/manage files.
> >
> > Why? ocaml-tools is a package, not a project. I don't understand
> > what you are aiming at.
> >
> > -Ralf.
>
> I am aiming at nothing, in fact. I just consider that is is simpler to
> add one file to a svn dir than to upload a full .tar.gz each time we
> need to add one file to this package.

I agree that there should be a simpler way to assemble the orig.tar.gz
(I'm working on it). But I prefer to have all packages in the
directory "packages", and not somewhere else.

-Ralf.