Re: camlidl: first commit on pkg-ocaml-maint alioth project

On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 05:01:53PM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> writes:
>

> > But, I can't understand your point: is it a problem to keep tarballs
> > there? They need not so much space and they are not going to be included
> > in the debian package, so what's the matter?
>
> My point is that we can find them as is elsewhere, and even mirrored
> sometimes. If the tarball is different from the pristine tarball,
> I'd better add a script which builds the new tarball from the old one.
> But you do as you like.
>
> I personaly will not include any tarball.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Jérôme Marant

Hello

Just a point concerning this question : sometimes upstream tarball are
not well maitained :
- no version in the tarball name ( big problem, since you don't know
  what you are uploading, and you don't have the version that work with
  debian script )
- must be modified upstream. I know it is not usual, but for example, if
  the upstream include, some stuff like an original debian directory,
  you have to remove it first, before using it...
- no tarball. For example, there is no tarball of mldonkey ( ;-> ). I
  need to do the right cvs commit to get it...

So i return the question ? Why no tarball.

After all, there was a good reason to keep the source in debian, why do
we have to put it aside now... ( in the svn ).

Regard
Sylvain LE GALL