Re: ocaml package on SVN

On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 06:14:50PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> If someone would want to adapt it for future inclusion in the official
> debian policies, they are welcome.

What do you mean? I doubt that specific policies (like our or python or
perl or ...) are going to be included in the debian policy.

> > Anyway I guess that ocaml package has a lot of changes to upstream
> > sources and switching to dpatch require a bit of time. I can perform the
> > migration if you like, but only if you next decide (and if you like) to
> > use SVN and dpatch otherwise is useless ...
>
> For next release i plan to use dpatch, that is put all the changes to
> debian source in a subdirectory of debian, and apply them at build time.

Ok

> I would prefer not to use a tarball as XFree86 uses, since this would
> mean loosing the md5sum of the upstream tarball, but i guess this is
> doable.

With our current approach we don't use the tarball as XFree86, I've
committed the orig tarball on SVN just for archival and handyness, but
it isn't going to be embedded in another tarball as XFree86 does.

> If we go this way, i would do the dpatching myself for 3.07. I don't
> know if it would be worthwill to do this for 3.06 still, as said, i
> hope we can ship 3.07 with sarge.

Ok

> > Fine thanks, I've also met Jerome, Ralf and other local DDs at a First
> > Jeudi meeting; if you have a week end or so to travel to Paris we will
> > be glad to meet with you.
>
> Yep, i will be more often in paris starting starting from july, so this
> would be easier. Maybe i can even be there for next FirstJeudi meeting,
> i don't know.

Sounds great, so we can arrange a Debian Ocaml Maintainers Meeting
("DOMM" ... sounds fine :-) in Paris! Anyway I'm going to be in Paris
only until 10-15 of July, then I will be back in Paris in September. For
the First Jeudi I will be surely here, anyway.

Stefano Zacchiroli  --  Master in Computer Science @ Uni. Bologna, Italy
zack@{cs.unibo.it,debian.org,bononia.it}  -  http://www.bononia.it/zack/
"  I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I am not
sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!  " -- G.Romney