Re: camlidl: first commit on pkg-ocaml-maint alioth project

On Sat, Jun 07, 2003 at 01:28:33PM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> Hmm, I think I would rather have organized the repository
> the following way:
>
> <package-name1>/trunk
> <package-name1>/trunk/debian
> <package-name1>/branches
> ..
> <package-nameN>/trunk
> <package-nameN>/trunk
> <package-nameN>/branches

There are two "suggested way" to layout a SVN repository. These
suggestion aren't mandatory but are going to be widespread and is I good
idea to follow them, IMHO.

The first convention is the one I've chosen (root with "trunk" and
"branches" with per project subdirs), the other is the one you are
proposing (root with per project subdirs each of them containing "trunk"
and "branches").

I simply chosen the one that I like more, but if you and others like the
other way we can change it ... it's easy to do with SVN :-)

Stefano Zacchiroli  --  Master in Computer Science @ Uni. Bologna, Italy
zack@{cs.unibo.it,debian.org,bononia.it}  -  http://www.bononia.it/zack/
"  I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I am not
sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!  " -- G.Romney