Re: Getting mod_caml and perl4caml into Debian

Hopefully these packages should be slightly better.

http://www.annexia.org/tmp/modcaml-src/

Dependencies are OK, although I can't work out how to force it to
depend on a particular version of OCaml (doing 'ocaml (= 3.07)'
doesn't work, presumably because I need to make it depend on the
Debian release of that package?)

The source code archive that it produces is all wrong.

Not really sure which files need to go in the plain package, and which
in the -dev package, and whether it is worth having a separate
-examples packages. The OCaml packaging policy suggests that the
current split is OK.

Haven't fixed the native version so this would build correctly on
platforms without ocamlopt. Note that mod_caml doesn't ordinarily use
native executables, the reason being that it uses Dynlink for
everything and Dynlink only supports bytecode. However I do build /
use the Dbi modules separately, and so those are compiled natively for
now.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones. http://www.annexia.org/ http://freshmeat.net/users/rwmj