Re: Getting mod_caml and perl4caml into Debian

On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 08:55:20PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > I'm willing to do any work required to make this happen, although I'm
> > not a particularly experienced Debian packager. My previous efforts at
> > writing debian/rules and so on have been, hmmm, a bit shoddy. But I
> > can learn!
>
> That is not all so difficult, if the upstream package is well behaved, a
> simple run of dh_make will usually provide the bases for a working
> package. We prefer to use dpatch though, which enables to have all the
> modifications to the upstream tarball in the debian directory, and thus
> make the integreation in the subversion directory easier. There is
> naturally the ocaml_packaging_policy document which you need to read, it
> contain lot of information pertaining to packaging of ocaml related
> things, but i guess that you would also need to look a bit at the apache
> and perl related documents, but i am not really familiar with them.

OK, I did 'dh_make' and 'dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot', editing
debian/control and a few other files in between. It doesn't really
work. The .deb files that I end up with are essentially empty.

You can have a look at the control files I'm using here:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/modcaml/modcaml/debian/

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Rich.

--