Re: About this ocaml versioning stuff

Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:

>> We used to discuss this a lot in the past.
>
> Sure, but we were discussing in the empty, now there is a working
> implementation, which we could test, build a few libraries for, get a
> feeling for it, and then weigth the pros and cons, not just speak in the
> air about philosophical reasons.

This is not philosophy. I'm waiting for you to explain how to
handle dependencies and to avoid 2 packages built against
different ocaml to depend upon each other, and so on.

>> There isn't any problem with it. Older versions are ship with
>> stable Debian releases. Unstable and testing don't count.
>
> You have to be able to look at the future, and see when sarge is
> released and maybe even the version thereafter, and ocaml is 3.10.

AFAIK, we support nothing but stable. We aren't release managers?

>> This is what I did so far, but I've never been convinced.
>
> Yes, i know, but when did you get the feeling that i was going to force
> this on you ? Or maybe my evil twin is in Paris and has been trying to
> force you to change your mind ?

Force me? You are free to modify your packages without anyone consents
AFAIK. You are free to listen or not.

--
Jérôme Marant

http://marant.org