About this ocaml versioning stuff

Hi,

  I've read the thread about ocaml 3.07 packages.
  This is well known I don't agree with this because I think it
  is useless and silly. I'd repeat that the problem comes from
  testing scripts and not from ocaml packages, so testing script
  must be fixed.

  I think that binaries must not be suffixed with a version because
  compatibilities with other distro are going to be lost, especialy:

  - binary compatibility: binaries distributed must always
    call #!/usr/bin/ocamlrun . Hence, you can run the same
    binary everywhere.

  - source compatibility: autoconf scripts are seeking for
  ocamlc, ocamlopt and so on. At least, symlinks must always
  been there.

--
Jérôme Marant