Re: ocaml compiled binaries and rpath

> Rpath is about libraries loaded at run-time.  All dependencies must
> be satisfied when execution starts.
> If you need on demand libraries (call them plug-ins, loadable modules,
> etc), this is another issue, which is completely different (at least
> in C, no idea with OCaml).  Libtool documentation is very helpful,
> and new libtool 1.5 ships some nice examples.

 ?????????????

 We were talking about the fact that lablgtkmathview is the only
 problematic example since it is the only binding depending on
 another binding. I was just saying that every Gtk widget binding
 is such an example (unless you just put all the bindings together
 in the same .so which is the one provided by lablgtk. As a consequence
 the run-time dependencies of lablgtk .so increase and with them also
 the debian package dependencies). This is totally unrelated to on-demand
 libraries, isn't it?

Real name: Claudio Sacerdoti Coen
PhD Student in Computer Science at University of Bologna
E-mail: sacerdot@cs.unibo.it
http://www.cs.unibo.it/~sacerdot