Re: ocaml compiled binaries and rpath

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 05:14:50PM +0200, Claudio Sacerdoti Coen wrote:
> > OTOH Remi shows that this was the only problematic example.
>
>  Well, let's consider the example of Gtk widgets: any binding to
>  any Gtk widget needs to depend on the lablgtk binding. So far,
>  we are the only one that are shipping a Gtk widget in its own
>  package: many other guys have contributed bindings to new widgets
>  directly to Garrigue, who has included the code directly into the
>  code of lablgtk. IMHO this approach can not scale up well, since
>  it is adding more and more dependecies to the lablgtk package.
>
>  Thus I think that the problem is doomed to become more and more
>  serious in the future.

Rpath is about libraries loaded at run-time.  All dependencies must
be satisfied when execution starts.
If you need on demand libraries (call them plug-ins, loadable modules,
etc), this is another issue, which is completely different (at least
in C, no idea with OCaml).  Libtool documentation is very helpful,
and new libtool 1.5 ships some nice examples.

Denis