Re: ocaml compiled binaries and rpath

Hi Sven and others,

Am 2003-04-11 17:09 +0200 schrieb Sven Luther:
> > > and is not possible or good if you have C bindings included, like
> > > the advi package does for example. The correct way is to either say
> > > you don't care and package a -custom bytecode or a native code, both
> > > arch: any, or to separate the binding library in its own package,
> > > which will be arch: any and provide both the bytecode and nativecode
> > > libraries, and build the app depending on this library.
> >
> > I do not fully understand that but I will investigate what C-Bindings in
> > ocaml programs are.
>
> Do you have any .c source, and does the result of the makefile run
> produce any file of the kind dll***.so ?
>
> C bindings are in reality composed of two pieces, one the so called
> stublib is a small source file which wrapps calls to an external
> C library to functions palatable by the ocaml-C interface, and the other
> is the ocaml source file that makes calls to the stublib.

Ah! No, it's really just plain ml code, no other languages involved.
I think that settles this issue. I also checked with ldd, nothing
unusual.

> > I will upload an updated version of my package in a few minutes.
>
> To where ?

Sorry, I forgot. Same place: http://www.piware.de/Sources.gz

If you do not want to apt them, you can as well download the package
directly:

http://www.piware.de/projects/
	planets_0.1.8.orig.tar.gz
	planets_0.1.8-0.2.diff.gz
	planets_0.1.8-0.2.dsc

But since the version number will change, I would recommend Sources.gz
(it is updated automatically).

Thanks!

Martin
--
Martin Pitt
home:  www.piware.de

Verteidigen Sie Ihre Freiheit und Ihre Rechte! Stoppt TCPA!
Defend your freedom and your rights! Stop TCPA!
http://www.notcpa.org