ocaml-3.06 3.06-16 ready to be tested ...

Hello everyone ...

At apt-source :

deb http://people.debian.org/~luther/ocaml ./

You can find the new ocaml packages version 3.06-16. After a bit of
testing from me and you (and upgrade testing) i will upload those to
debian/unstable. Once they are fully built on all arches (not before the
gcc-3.2/libc6 sparc bug is solved though), i will upload a ocaml (and
ocaml-base, ...) package which is empty but depends on the ocaml-3.06-1
versions. This should solve the build dependencies we were
experimenting, and allow us to continue enjoying the rather clean
ocaml-3.06-1 dependencies we are using right now.

It will also further facilitate the migration between one upstream
version of ocaml and the next, and is the same thing other are doing
(gcc for example).

A current problem i have is with upgrading, i did not do any trick for
upgrading from ocaml to ocaml-3.06-1, but since the former provide the
later, it may cause problem. Maybe i should add a conflict: ocaml (<
3.06-16) and also a replace: ocaml.

I am not sure about the replace though, since we want to be able to have
both installed at the same time later on.

BTW, do we really need to keep the ocaml-base, ocaml-source and
ocaml-native-compilers around ? These should automatically be pulled in
by their respective depends or build depends, and the user should really
only need to install and care about ocaml.

Maybe if i only provide the ocaml (meta)package and have it depend on
ocaml-3.06-1 and ocaml-native-compilers-3.06-1 (if they are available).