Re: Cameleon build failures

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 16:04:29 +0100
Sven Luther <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 01:59:40PM +0100, Maxence Guesdon wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > > depending on the ocaml source is really a loosy way of coding, i know
> > > sometime it cannot be helped, but let's try to avoid that as often as
> > > possible.
> >
> > The only parts of cameleon which depend on the ocaml source are epeire
> > (graphical debugger) and topcameleon (graphical toplevel).
>
> Ok, but what exactly do you need for this ?
>
> if you could isolate the needed part, i couldship not the full
> ocaml-source, but a cameleon-support package containing only the
> compiled files you need.

For topcameleon, I need the following .cmo files :
 $(OCAMLDIR)/utils/config.cmo
 $(OCAMLDIR)/utils/clflags.cmo

and the definition of the types in some modules of $(OCAMLDIR)/parsing/

For epeire, I need a lot of .cmo files and types from the compiler. In fact, the
debugger subdirectory of cameleon/epeire/ if a modifed copy of the OCaml
debugger sources. The modifications may be merged back to the OCaml sources in
the future. When it is done, the definition of types in parsing/ (for example)
will still be needed to build epeire.
It also needs some .cmi files where some types are defined but I dont know
exactly which ones. It would be simpler to include all .cmi files from the
directories included with a -I flag at compile time, that is :
( $(DOTDOT) is the OCaml sources directory )

 -I $(DOTDOT)/utils -I $(DOTDOT)/parsing -I $(DOTDOT)/typing \
 -I $(DOTDOT)/bytecomp -I $(DOTDOT)/toplevel \
 -I $(DOTDOT)/otherlibs/unix -I $(DOTDOT)/otherlibs/dynlink

The .cmo files needed by epeire (from cameleon/epeire/debugger/Makefile) :
( $(DOTDOT) is the OCaml sources directory )

  $(DOTDOT)/utils/misc.cmo $(DOTDOT)/utils/config.cmo \
  $(DOTDOT)/utils/tbl.cmo $(DOTDOT)/utils/clflags.cmo \
  $(DOTDOT)/utils/consistbl.cmo \
  $(DOTDOT)/parsing/longident.cmo \
  $(DOTDOT)/typing/ident.cmo $(DOTDOT)/typing/path.cmo \
  $(DOTDOT)/typing/types.cmo \
  $(DOTDOT)/typing/btype.cmo $(DOTDOT)/typing/primitive.cmo \
  $(DOTDOT)/typing/typedtree.cmo \
  $(DOTDOT)/typing/subst.cmo $(DOTDOT)/typing/predef.cmo \
  $(DOTDOT)/typing/datarepr.cmo $(DOTDOT)/typing/env.cmo \
  $(DOTDOT)/typing/oprint.cmo \
  $(DOTDOT)/typing/ctype.cmo $(DOTDOT)/typing/printtyp.cmo \
  $(DOTDOT)/typing/mtype.cmo \
  $(DOTDOT)/bytecomp/runtimedef.cmo \
  $(DOTDOT)/bytecomp/bytesections.cmo \
  $(DOTDOT)/bytecomp/dll.cmo $(DOTDOT)/bytecomp/symtable.cmo \
  $(DOTDOT)/bytecomp/opcodes.cmo $(DOTDOT)/bytecomp/meta.cmo \
  $(DOTDOT)/toplevel/genprintval.cmo \
  $(DOTDOT)/otherlibs/dynlink/dynlink.cmo

I don't know whether it's worth creating another package.

Maxence