Re: Plans [Re: Cameleon 1.0]

On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 02:27:36PM +0200, J?r?me Marant wrote:
> > Well i'm not an expert in configuring the CVS server. A CVS pserver
> > is not secure enough (as Xavier told me). A ssh access would be possible
> > but does it require that you have an account on an INRIA machine ?

Sourceforge for example use restricted shell that let users only work on
CVS via ssh, but doesn't allow real shell access.
Anyway, the security problem still remains, Xavier or others INRIA gurus
probably doesn't want someone almost unknown to have access to your CVS
repositories. Have you a standalone repository for cameleon? I doubt ...

> > BTW, will you need to modify or add files or just have access to the
> > current state ? In the later case, I can setup a cron job to update
> > a cvs snaphost every night.
>
> No, it is a matter of managing the debian directory. If it is a problem
> for you, we can manage it elsewhere.

Sure, we can also use a sourceforge repository or set up a repository on
a shared machine. I'm waiting for an ADSL network access, but my town
(not really Bologna, but near) haven't yet this service available.

Stefano Zacchiroli - undergraduate student of CS @ Univ. Bologna, Italy
zack@cs.unibo.it | ICQ# 33538863 | http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro
"I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I am not
sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!" -- G.Romney