Re: About Cameleon

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 11:53:10 +0200
Sven LUTHER <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> wrote:

> Tu peut meme prevoir un package-wrapper cameleon vide, qui
> installera toutes les composantes de cameleon en meme temps.

<Switch "broken-english" on>

Well, I'm not concerned by the "how this requirement can be achieved"
but I'm concerned by "what requirements are to be achieved" (as far as
I'm concerned since I plan to use camelon [if it's cool to do so ;-)]
and thus will have to install it on several boxes...)

_If_
camelon/upstream is installed by  the well known sequence (or similar)
"untar;configure;make;make install"
_Then_
cameleon/Debian should be installed "apt-get install cameleon"
_End_

What I would like to stress here is the fact that if the
default/upstream is to install everything the default/Debian should be
the same. I would like to use Cameleon/Debian and not Debian/Cameleon.

The only case I can imagine where (packages) epeire&cie  would be
provided separately [i.e not installed by default when apt-getting
cameleon] is the one where these "applets" are considered/managed
_explicitely_ like "plugins" by upstream.
(again, think about webmin modules)

I don't think it's really/exactly the case. (But, maybe, I'm wrong)

A+

--
mailto:georges.mariano@inrets.fr     tel: (33) 03 20 43 84 06
INRETS, 20 rue Élisée Reclus         fax: (33) 03 20 43 83 59