Re: Summary on ocaml-ldconf bug [Was: Re: findlib 0.7.1 - package available]

On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 08:06:11AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> >   Anyway to avoid others' lazyness mistake I suggest to patch
> >   ocaml-ldconf so that it output a warning or an error message if
> >   /etc/ocaml/ld.conf isn't in the expected format.
>
> Well, what did you put in /etc/ocaml/ld.conf for the package name ?
>
> Also i will add the syntax of just a lone dir as synomyn to dir add.

That was my fault: I add a single dirname without the "add" command.

> >   Any other idea?
>
> Why not hand erase them in the postinst ?
> Or fix dh_ocamlld ?

Already done (see my patch), but this does not solve the problem of
users that upgrade to new packages that no longer need dir in
/var/lib/ocaml/ld.conf. These user actualy have installed old packages
built with an old (buggy) version of dh_ocamlld.

Hand erase them in postinst work, but we need to keep these settings in
postinst forever ...

A centralized solution IMO is better.

Stefano Zacchiroli - undergraduate student of CS @ Univ. Bologna, Italy
zack@cs.unibo.it | ICQ# 33538863 | http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro
"I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I am not
sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!" -- G.Romney