Re: Summary on ocaml-ldconf bug

On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 11:16:38PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 10:31:47PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> >   Anyway to avoid others' lazyness mistake I suggest to patch
> >   ocaml-ldconf so that it output a warning or an error message if
> >   /etc/ocaml/ld.conf isn't in the expected format.
>
> I attached a tiny ocaml-ldconf patch that:
> - put a more verbose comment in /etc/ocaml/ld.conf
> - by default output more warnings, even if -v switch isn't given,
>   mainly: it output what action is taking place (i.e. feedback on user
>   whises), it output a warning when it encounter a bad formatted line
>
> > The bad one:
> >
> >   the upgrading problem is real and is a bug in dh_ocamlld (I'm going to
> >   submit the bug just after this mail): while upgrading to a new package
>
> Never mind, I thought that dh_ocamlld was provided by debhelper, but
> it's provided by ocaml. So instead of filing the bug I attach another,
> even more tiny, patch for
> /usr/share/debhelper/autoscripts/postrm-ocamlld that solve the postrm
> problem.
>
> Anyway please note that we still need a solution for the removal of old
> spurious entries in /var/lib/ocaml/ld.conf.

Mmm, what do you mean by old spurious entries ? Do you mean by that
directories held by packages that are no more on the system, or just
empty lines.

Maybe i could add another tool that would check the directories and
remove empty lines (or better lines not hold by a package; i suppose it
is the packages responsability to remove empty lines) and just run it
when the ocam lpackage is upgraded (not everytime we use ocaml-ldconf).