Re: [info@gerd-stolpmann.de: [Caml-list] OCaml packaging problems: findlib helps!]

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 09:24:18PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > have you already forwarded this comments to Gerd?
>
> No, i did a group rely though.

Ok, then I will wait for other comments (if any) and forward our
opinions to Gerd.

> > I'm thinking about something like
> >
> >   ocamlfind install -destdir /foo/bar -so foo.so -so bar.so file1 file2 file3
>
> Yes, something such or :
>
>  ... -solist foo.so bar.so -others file1 file2 file3

Uhm, seems more tricky to implement using the standard Arg module which
IIRC Gerd is using in findlib.

> > Usually shared objects are really few so this hardly can be a problem.
>
> Yes, ...
>

> > > And since anyway, we do this at package preparation time, there is no
> > > problem with doing this by hand (there are usually only a few such
> > > files per package).
>
> :)))

This means that we _really_ agree on this point :-)))))

Stefano Zacchiroli - undergraduate student of CS @ Univ. Bologna, Italy
zack@cs.unibo.it | ICQ# 33538863 | http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro
"I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I am not
sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!" -- G.Romney